Friday 2 March 2012

Illamasqua Brow Cake

I've been a religious Benefit Browzings user for well over a year now and I have to say I love Browzings and would recommend it to anyone. But when it started to run out my bank balance just couldn't justify £23 on a new one, I did consider sleek and ELF brow kit options but thought I'd be disappointed after being a benefit user for so long. Illamasqua is a relatively new brand, I've heard many things about them but never actually tried anything, that's when I decided to replace me browzings with brow cake. 


The texture is a slightly waxy powder (if that makes any sense!!) I apply it with a (largish) angled brush, it gives much more of a soft focus finish than browzings, however, I'm really impressed with its pigmentation. Do I prefer it? I'm not really sure to be honest, it's harder to gain an even brow, I've ended up looking like that lady on the stroke advert a few times due to uneven brows (not a good look)!!! If its left unset without clear brow gel it can powder onto your face slightly too. I think it's just different and will take some getting used to, I will definitely stick at it though, the quality is amazing and it's left me eager to try more illamasqua products so I suppose it can't be all that bad can it?! :)


Loula x
P.s. had to include the last photo, even Jack's eyeing it up to preen his slug brows!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading you're comments and I always reply :)